Tuesday 23 October 2012

"Try again. Fail again. Fail better" (Samuel Beckett)

Every time when I feel that everything falls onto my head, I keep turning around and running to a comfortable warm room with the only seat in it. Sometimes I even think that I would prefer sitting somewhere in the bus station to being tightly surrounded by four walls. At least I can observe more miserable people than me to feel better about myself... And my Lithuanian mentality strikes again!

But there is no time to relax and watch other shows when your own one is on fire. We all do have interesting lives wrapped in an irony and opportunities. Just sometimes we are too afraid of doing something, leaving our  comfortable zone. We know that insecurity is the worst enemy, but so is the comfort too. Life is full of  wooden benches, but it does not mean that you need to sit down on the every one every time you feel tired! Sometimes you have to walk without rest because someone is waiting for you at some point. If you miss that point on the right time, you might lose an opportunity.

Teach me how to fly...

And never turn around to your past because your mind is twisted. It will suggest you surreal dreams which will lead you to a deep sleep. Even though reality sometimes seems to be biting you and leaving bruises, it still is much better than believing in irrational things. I mean, sometimes it is very healthy to explore your mind's labyrinths, just it is so easy to get lost! And you have limited amount of matches too... The darkness will lead you to self destruction,which will automatically be set when you use the last match.

And now I will join my tightly planned life's schedule. It is no fun when you have to be at a certain point in a correct hour. But that is how it works: if you want to make the best apple pie you have ever made you have to grow your own apple tree.

Ieva, wishing she had more matches in her pocket.





2 comments:

  1. http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/265/4/4/life_begins_at_the_end_of_your_comfort_zone_by_exileden-d5fiwou.jpg

    ReplyDelete